In small towns in Brazil it is common for visitors to shout “Ô de Casa” from someone’s doorsteps to be immediately welcomed – even if they show up completely out of the blue!
That’s the spirit here at Ô de Casa. We come from small towns, so we prize a more human side to São Paulo. Our doors are wide open for people coming from all over the world, whether for a night’s sleep at the hostel or for a pleasant chat at our bar. We love having people around, and it will be a pleasure to have you staying with us. All you have to do is come up to our doorstep and shout “Ô de Casa!” You are always welcome here!
At Ô de Casa Hostel we are your hosts for an all-around easy stay in Brazil’s biggest city. We assure an attentive reception to help you plan your trip, in-house activities, an up-to-date list of the best events in town, and an ubercool team that will work hard to make your stay unforgettable.
To meet other guests, our shared spaces are a treat: a cozy TV room, a lively terrace (equipped with a shower for those hot summer days), São Paulo’s best hostel bar, fast wireless internet and a corridor full of plants and hammocks for you to chill.
Our rooms are spacious, clean and modern to guarantee a good night’s sleep. Private rooms or shared dorms – you choose what suits you best.
At Ô Bar do Hostel both guests and Paulistanos – São Paulo locals – get together for a beer. It’s where the world meets São Paulo, and where São Paulo meets the world.
At our Bar – which opens with the early birds coming for breakfast in the morning – you will be introduced to Brazilian treats on food and beverages. Our breakfast is inspired in our traditional Padocas (São Paulo institutions, translated poorly as bakeries, but way more complex), tasty sandwiches, açaí to jump-start your day – seriously, google it! –, our picks on local craft beers, draft beers and much more. On the boom box, Brazilian music, always!
Mon-Sun from 8am to 11pm.
Ô de Casa is located in Vila Madalena, a notorious hangout for the city’s bohemians. The “Vila,” also home to the celebrated Beco do Batman (Batman Alley), São Paulo’s most photogenic graffiti venue, is all about life outdoors. With tons of bars, amazing restaurants, art galleries, markets and design shops, this neighborhood – with such streets as Harmonia (Harmony), Simpatia (Sympathy) and Purpurina (Glitter!) – is one of the city’s precious ones. And yes, Pinheiros and Largo da Batata (Batata Square) are just a stone’s throw away!
Metro stations, bus stops and supermarkets literally around the corner! Easy and convenient 🙂
From Tietê Bus Terminal
– By metro: (40 min | R$ 4). As soon as you are out of the terminal, you’ll be inside the Portuguesa–Tietê metro station. Take the train towards Jabaquara station and get off at Luz. Switch to the Yellow line and get off at Fradique Coutinho station*.
– Taxi/UBER** (15 min | R$35–40)
From Guarulhos International Airport
– By conventional bus to Tatuapé metro station (1:30 hours / R$5,10+R$4): Look for the Airport Bus Service’s signs at the airport’s main exit. Buses taken there will drop you off at Tatuapé metro station, and from there make your way by metro (stopping at República station to switch to the Yellow line) to Fradique Coutinho station*.
– Taxi/UBER** (50 min | R$100)
From Congonhas Airport
– Taxi (20 min | R$40)
From Barra Funda Bus Terminal
– By metro: Take the Red line towards Corinthians–Itaquera and get off at República. Switch to the Yellow line and get off at Fradique Coutinho station*.
– Taxi/UBER** (15 min | R$20–35)
*From Fradique Coutinho Metro Station
– Walking (13 min | free!): Walk four blocks along Fradique Coutinho Street, then turn left on Inácio Pereira da Rocha Street. Walk one more block and you’ll see us at number 385.
– Taxi/UBER** (3 min | R$10)
R. Inácio Pereira da Rocha, 385.
Vl. Madalena – São Paulo – SP – Brazil.
+55 11 3063-5216
We are close to the best in São Paulo:
Above all, Ô de Casa is a company made for people. We are constantly on the lookout for talents in our area, and for people who come to us to live the dream.
For foreigners, most of our opportunities can be found here at Worldpackers.
For Brazilians and Portuguese speakers, please redirect to the Brazilian version of this website.
R. Inácio Pereira da Rocha, 385
Vila Madalena / São Paulo – SP – Brasil.
+55 11 3063-5216